Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter stuff

I hate being behind on blog posts. I decided to just skip ahead to now instead of back tracking. Maybe I'll go back someday. But for now...here is April.

They are building a new mall by my house and there are a few stores, restaurants and a movie theater that are already open. They also frequently hold little events in the common area and I find out about them on facebook. This particular day they had a petting zoo type set up that we thought Ellie would enjoy. She did of course. She loves animals and walked around to the different areas like a big girl.




I was at the regular mall the other day and Ellie was getting tired and hungry so we were on our way to the car. On our way out we saw the Easter Bunny and I wanted to show Ellie. I took her over to him and she started waving and smiling. I was super surprised since she wasn't a fan of Santa. Anyways, they let you take a picture and purchase a digital image at home which is so nice since who wants to pay $30+ for crappy pictures. Anyways, no line, I thew Ellie on his lap and she was so happy (I don't think she knew what to do with her arms though, haha). Glad I put her new bunny shirt on that day.

Last year, when Ellie was 3 months old, we went to my friend Amy's mom's house for an Easter Egg hunt. We wanted to do it again this year too. I dressed Ellie for the occasion, in her Bunny shirt. Then....just as we pulled up to the house I hear a noise, look back, and Ellie was throwing up all over herself.  She had been sleeping too so it woke her up. It was so sad. I'm not sure what upset her stomach but thankfully we were at the house so I ran in and got paper towels and a plastic bag. James took apart the car seat and got to do the fun part. I took Ellie in and got her cleaned up. I always have an emergency outfit in the diaper bag. It's been in there a long time. Size 6 months and still fits haha.
Anyways...she didn't quite get the concept of the egg hunt. She'd say "ball" and then pick it up and try to open it. It was cute. She also got to eat a few pieces. I figured she already threw up so what was the harm....but she was fine the rest of the day so maybe it was just a fluke.

Last year. 

Next, I wanted to take some spring pictures of Ellie in her Easter dress so we went out one evening and took a few. She's getting so big. We are loving this age. She is learning so much and is starting to say more and more words. Second picture down she's waving and saying hi.

 Easter morning Ellie got to see what was in her basket. She got 2 balls, bubbles, a book, cheddar bunnies and a stuffed bunny that my grandma sent her (with directions to dress it up) so I crocheted a little dress for it. Hehe. Ellie's favorite things were the balls, of course.




We had dinner at our friends house with another couple (we are each other's family on the holidays). There was also an Easter egg hunt for the kids. 
she loved this big "ball"



2 comments:

  1. Those ones of Ellie in the purple field are gorgeous! You're a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed going down the Easter lane with Ellie, she is so cute! I love her Easter Dress,I remember how fun the holidays were for us when our children were young! Thanks for sharing the fun with Dad and I!

    ReplyDelete