Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm a grown up

Our backyard has seen a lot of green lately -with the rain a few months ago- it was nice to see green even if it was rotten sun sucking weeds.We even had a roses blooming from the rose bush that was here when we moved it, and we didn't do a single thing to help it along. I cut the big rose and put it in a vase to enjoy inside.
Well...this afternoon I PULLED those WEEDS. I was sweating like a hog and filled three bags full of weeds and raked needles. I even had to cut one of the tallest weeds down with a butcher knife.

I felt like such a grown up out there making our yard look nice.

While I was out there I met the person moving in next door. He is deaf and I talked to him for a bit. I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey…its actually a poster, but you could do it with scrapbook paper or fabric!:) and i got it from domestic bliss…its a little store in downtown mesa! BEAUTIFUL backyard…don't flowers make a house beautiful!?!?

    ReplyDelete