Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reinforcing

I am a little anal.
ok
a lot anal.

When I spend money on a shirt I want to make sure it will last.

I bought this shirt at Down East Basics
and while I love it
it is those pesky little jewels/beads
I don't love.

They are sewed on so...
I would use the word delicately
but more like cheaply.

I have had shirts like this in the past and one little tug those jewels can come right off.

I decided I wanted to reinforce each one.
anal? yes.
original stitching in dark-my stitching is a little lighter

It look me a few sittings to finish it, but it is done.

I used guterman thread which I was told is the best
and I really think it is.
James said,
"You know what is going to happen right?"
I said,
"Don't say it!"
He said,
"One is going to come off after all that work."

Well so be it. At least I can say I tried.

1 comment:

  1. I like Gutermann, too! It's what I go for first, at JoAnn. I also just found Aleene's Fabric Fusion, and there's another product by Aleene, called OK to Wash, that Scrapbooks Etc uses in their sewing classes for embellishments and things. You can find out more about it here: http://www.ilovetocreate.com/ProductDetails.aspx?name=Aleene%27s%C2%AE_OK_To_Wash-It%E2%84%A2

    Good luck! And I agree with you, I get so flustered when they come off or undone. ;>

    ReplyDelete